Happy 4th of July everyone! Here are some fun fireworks facts:
- A sparkler burns at a temperature over 15 times the boiling point of water. Three sparklers burning together generate the same heat as a blowtorch.
- Static electricity in synthetic clothing can set off firecrackers. People making firecrackers wear only cotton clothing while making firecrackers.
- The earliest documentation of fireworks dates back to 7th century China. They were invented more than 2000 years ago in China.
- China is the largest manufacturer and exporter of fireworks in the world. 90% of all fireworks originate from here.
- The largest firework rocket is 13 kg (28 lbs) and was produced and launched in Portugal in 2010.